Kids can’t vote. But you can.
Solving the problem of poverty and hunger in the U.S. requires bold action from diverse leaders, including policymakers, and removing barriers to food access often requires legislation.
The September 2022 White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health brought together a wide range of partners from across the nation with one common mission of ending hunger by 2030.
The comprehensive national strategy includes many of the policies No Kid Hungry has been championing, including the expanded Child Tax Credit, Summer EBT program, strengthening of SNAP, and greater access to school and community meals.
The Power of the People
From the local school superintendent to members of Congress – each has the power to make decisions that will end childhood hunger. You choose those leaders when you vote.
This November, millions of Americans will cast votes in national, state and local elections, affecting the administration and funding of important anti-hunger programs in every corner of the country.
We can further No Kid Hungry's mission to end childhood hunger in the U.S. by encouraging supporters like you to create opportunity for the next generation by using your voice and your vote.
To maximize impact, we’ve identified the following #GetOutTheVote goals:
- Educate and Engage: Create a strong, resonant connection between elections and creating opportunity for all children with direct calls to action.
- Encourage: Provide guidance to aligned nonprofit organizations on the importance and opportunity to engage in nonpartisan Get Out The Vote efforts.
- Elevate: Enhance the voter mobilization efforts of aligned organizations.
Make a Plan
It's always important to have a plan to vote. Here are some things to consider:
- Can you vote early? See if you can cast your ballot by mail or at an early polling station.
- What are the deadlines? Make sure you know by when you need to request a ballot or the window for early voting in your state.
- Bring your friends and family. Pledge to vote and invite three others to join you.